TERM 2, 2024
INSTRUCTOR: Dave Soleil (bio)
DAY/TIME: Thu – 7:30pm, In-person
If you’ve never played bluegrass before, this is your class! This class is perfect for beginners interested in learning to play bluegrass music and joining bluegrass jam circles with other musicians. Come learn about this fun, energetic and evolving genre of American music. We will walk step-by-step through:
- Simple bluegrass tunes at slow and moderate speeds
- Playing back-up rhythm and the role of each instrument in bluegrass
- Basic chord and melodic structures in bluegrass
- Picking out simple melodies by ear
- Jam circle etiquette and survival skills
This is a multi-instrument class. Students should be familiar with their instrument and be able to play basic major chords or simple melodies. Commonly used keys are G, A and D.
This class meets in person.