Americana in the Park – Honoring Frank Hamilton
March 5 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm$20
WRFG AMERICANA IN THE PARK
Date: March 05, 2017
TIME: Doors at 11am Music Starts at Noon-7pm
PRICE: $15 in Advance & $20 Door Kids under 12 get in free.
WRFG’s 2nd Annual Americana In The Park
This year, we honor folk legend, Frank Hamilton. Frank was a member of The Weavers, played with Woody Guthrie, and was co-writer of “We Shall Overcome.” He is also a well-respected Atlanta music teacher and a superb guitarist. The lineup also includes four great bands for your listening and dancing pleasure:
- Back In the Saddle – ”An All-Star Western Music Band playing a rousing blend of Cowboy, Western Swing, Movie/TV Western themes and original songs.”
- Cedar Hill – “An award-winning bluegrass group from Atlanta, Georgia, with a high energy show that features variety, comedy and entertainment, tight harmony, unique vocal arrangements, and masterful picking.”
- Liz Brasher – “She doesn’t just play music. She explodes. Real Gospel, Real Country, Real Soul and R&B ballads.”
- Russ Still and the Moonshiners – “Country/Rock blended with compelling lyrics, interesting melodies and fresh arrangements.” The Georgia Music Association has named them Best Country Band for two years in a row.
Proceeds benefit WRFG 89.3 FM / wrfg.org, Atlanta’s independent community radio station for progressive information and quality
– See more at: http://www.parktavern.com/events/wrfg-americana-in-the-park#sthash.ewKDOxUK.dpuf